Welcome to iKNOW Health
Navigating Alberta’s complex health-care system can be as confusing as driving in a major city without a GPS or map. That’s why about 50 citizens came together in January 2017 to build a guide called Healthcare 101: Healthcare Basics for Albertans. In iKNOW Health, we’re building on that foundation of knowledge, to give citizens more of the information they can use to navigate the system and effect positive change.
Healthcare 101 has evolved in its second phase to become iKNOW Health. While some of the same people and organizations who developed Healthcare Basics for Albertans are still involved, the iKNOW Health team also includes several new people and organizations on our Healthcare 101 Task Force, and has support from a full-time project manager until fall 2021.
Two sets of project teams for Phase 2, and many smaller working groups are forming to:
- Develop working partnerships with community groups.
- Co-design and enhance community-based health literacy including digital health literacy.
- Build on strengths of people in Alberta and discover leaders who can:
- Identify health navigation and advocacy challenges, and
- convene innovators to help co-design solutions to these challenges.
- Encourage innovation and research.