THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. THIS JOB AD IS NOW CLOSED. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING RESUMES.
Imagine Citizens Network (ICN) is looking for a Communication Specialist (contract, part-time) to manage our digital communications (e-newsletter, website, and social media) and help us build brand awareness and build online relationships with our supporters.
ICN is an Alberta-based non-profit that engages citizens and provides pathways for them to have influence and become valued partners in improving health care experiences and outcomes for all of us. If you are interested in healthcare, would love a role with flexibility and variety and have solid skills with communications technologies, this could be your role.
Reporting to the Co-Executive Director, you would have these responsibilities:
- Produce our bi-monthly e-newsletter on the Zoho platform, including writing and coordinating stories from guest writers, managing and contributing to an editorial calendar, layout, making recommendations based on analytics
- Help us grow our community of supporters on social media with content suited to our various audiences and platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Maintain and update website content, coordinate with our developer on more complex updates
- Act as a brand steward, ensuring internal stakeholders and external audiences adhere to brand guidelines and standards
- Collaborate with teams and committees to provide communications support as needed
- Manage stakeholder lists and donor information in our CRM database
- Other duties that could arise: coordination and promotion of events, creating and publishing surveys or ad hoc campaigns using Zoho, assisting with internal communications
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations
- 3 to 5 years experience in a professional communications role
- Competency with WordPress, social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), Zoho, analytics tools
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft 365 Office Suite (Teams, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Well developed writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of layout/design to ensure content is well presented, able to source and edit images
- Sound judgment, problem solving skills, and an eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, comfort with ambiguity
Compensation and Work Environment:
- Contract role, $35-$40/hour depending on experience, 1-year contract with possibility of extension
- Hours vary from 10 to 20 hours per week and are during typical workday hours
- Flexible schedule and work from home (preferably Alberta-based). We also offer an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
We are an inclusive organization and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are grateful for your interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, April 1, 2022