Our Strategies & Actions
Expand and enrich citizen participation
Connect and work together with interested individuals and citizen groups from across the
province to create a collective voice that shapes our health system and drives change.
• Inviting participation and providing orientation
• Creating a database of citizens to participate in health care initiatives
• Building a network of citizen leaders and citizen/patient groups
Focus on health outcomes that matter to Albertans
Identify, assess and report back on the outcomes that matter most to citizens.
• Reaching out and listening to what matters to Albertans
• Agreeing on a list of outcomes that matters most
• Working with health care partners to assess progress and report back
Learn from research and experience
Gather and share information that leads to improved patient experience and
outcomes and helps us be active partners in our own care.
• Providing citizens with one stop access to useful information
• Using Albertans’ health care experiences to inform health system decisions
• Commissioning scientific studies that provide evidence for system change
Work in partnership with our health system
Collaborate with health system stakeholders to drive system and culture change.
• Engaging with health related organizations on projects of mutual interest
• Building a network of health system stakeholders to move change forward